Selasa, 15 November 2011

Harley_ SWITCHBACK Easily convertible from cruising to touring

Harley_ SWITCHBACK
I've been riding motorcycles since I was 11 years old, having grown almost an airfield, where my friends and I always seemed to have some old motorcycle or bike to roll in the grass!

However, in recent years had been getting more and more boring than the last ultra smooth and fast enough for 4 cylinder Japanese bikes. Without wishing to offend anyone, I've never been a fan of the ubiquitous Harley Davidson, or "little danger" as used to refer to them. Where I live in the UK there are a number of Harley Davidson in everything, and every time you see my wife usually points and says "there's a midlife crisis!"

Not only had he been getting pretty bored with my bike, I was also getting bigger in the stomach area. This meant that even my Honda Blackbird, which many regard as a "Sports Tourer", I came close and uncomfortable. At 51 I was beginning to feel that I could not cut it anymore.


Harley_ SWITCHBACK
However, recently some of my friends suggested we all go on a tour of France and Spain. Interestingly, this is something I've never done, but really I did not want to be in my Blackbird 300 miles each day for 10 days.

So I went looking for a new bike, and I found myself standing on a Triumph dealer near where I live. When I entered the exhibition hall was immediately confronted by the giant rocket is three.

It seemed that he could do the mile, and to be honest as I felt this trip was probably my last hurray as a motorcycle is concerned, I just thought it would be nice to be out on the bike with the biggest engine standard production available in the world today.

I do not want to have to write craning to see what was going on!


Harley_ SWITCHBACK
I've never had a cruise before, and as I have on board the rocket I was surprised how big it is. When I walked in the clutch and press the start button (the rocket has a clutch switch), the 2.3 L engine rumbled into life triples. I was fully expecting the bike to get away from me, but given the amount of torque that decided to keep the bike on the inauguration as I release the clutch. The target forward in a way that suggests even at idle, nothing would stop him.

The first thing I noticed while driving bike station near the bench was incredibly well balanced it is. The engine and gearbox run alongside each other, longitudinally along the length of the bike. Despite its enormous weight, the weight is down.

On the open road is not really true that no matter what team you are, but it is true that the bike is going to throw it hard in top gear at low revs.

Harley_ SWITCHBACK
During the course of our journey, literally covered with all kinds of roads to highways, country roads, a narrow mountain passes. The weather was generally good, however, we have a day of torrential rain. The rocket was excellent in the wet, probably due to its weight, but things like articulated trucks pass with the spray of partners and the project was again easily and safely. What I like the rocket is yes, it's incredibly fast, but never feel that the bike is more demanding of the accelerator. If you simply want Potter over his fine, and if you want the wind opens the throttle and go to warp drive that is fine too!

There's nothing like a cruise feel the need to carry all kinds of extras, and I was no exception. The optional clock and fuel gauge, heated grips, fog lights, dual seat-back rider to name a few were equipped. For a 51 years old, probably the most useful was the driver's seatback. I love this device, because when you accelerate hard feel that the bike is carrying with him, instead of having to hold onto the handlebars to save your life!

Harley_ SWITCHBACK
The only place where the rocket is a very hard on mountain roads. These roads have a tendency to change again at an alarming rate, and the rocket, at the end of the day, not the most agile. In fact, at the end of day on the mountain I found that my arms hurt so much I have spent much of the day, literally, dragging the bike in the corners!

If you are the type of person who enjoys a clientele that the rocket of three is the type of bike. Almost without exception, wherever they stopped people gathered around to talk about and look at the bike. For me, the rocket of three has put the fun in motorcycling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...